Lockworx could partner with anyone, why did we pick Aveda?
Why? This page would crash the servers if we listed every reason. To begin with, Aveda believes that Nature is the best beauty artist of all and continually strive to increase the use of naturally derived ingredients whenever possible. Aveda is committed to delivering high performance, botanically-based products that are kinder to the planet – which is good for all of us – yet it goes much deeper than naturally derived ingredients.
Aveda products are formulated without parabens, phthalates and sodium lauryl sulfate.
Aveda works hard to ensure that ecological and cultural diversity is represented by responsibly sourcing key ingredients from different habitats all over the world. Through fair compensation, Aveda positively impacts the people and economies from which many of the ingredients are sources and strives to use "green" ingredients whenever possible.
To Aveda, a green ingredient requires that it meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Naturally derived, defined as more than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, water, or some other natural source.
• Certified organic.
• Sourced from sustainable or renewable plant-based origins, and does not negatively impact the sourced ecosystems.
Green ingredients in practice:
• Since 2000, Aveda has substantially increased purchases of organic raw herbal ingredients and organic essential oils from 20%-25% of total tonnage to more than 90%. (Exact percentage varies slightly from year to year due to product mix and availability of certified ingredients)
• Aveda has also established Soil to Bottle™ traceability for certain key ingredients, which allows expanding the source of these ingredients while promoting quality through its supply chain.
• The development of the exclusive Babassu Betaine technology is part of Avedas' efforts to develop and use sustainable plant-based alternatives and to replace the use of petrochemicals whenever possible.
• All of Aveda's essential oils are processed in an environmentally responsible manner through steam distillation.